Sunday, November 4, 2012

**Update**

Life has been pretty crazy lately, hence the lack of updates to my blog.  Unfortunately for those who don’t like the message I’m helping to spread, I still have a lot of stuff I’d like to write about to help ensure our fire service remains efficient and effective.  Last weekend I was in Philadelphia for the “Leadership Under Fire” seminar.  It was an excellent seminar with great information that definitely stimulates the mind of the “thinking” firefighter.  After the seminar, one of the local bars had an area set aside for seminar attendees, which proved to be a good time too.  It was great to be able to interact with like-minded, and well-known, members of the service.  Anyways, “Leadership Under Fire” is hosting additional events and I strongly recommend checking them out.  Their website is: www.leadershipunderfire.com.  This past week was busy with work and a 3 day Rope Rescue class in Lynchburg.  With that said, hopefully next week I have a little more time on my hands to put some more thought-generating posts on here.


Until then, I have posted photos of 2 methods of evacuating patients from a roof top.  There are obviously numerous other ways to make this happen.  With that said, how can your department effectively and efficiently carry out this task?  Consider the resources your department has available.  Also, consider the pros and cons of various methods that may be used to accomplish this.








No comments:

Post a Comment